Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Cats-Cats-Cats-Cats

11 October 2017
19:00 BRT (EST + 1 hour)

On Thursday, I actually had a surprisingly busy day. After school was over, I was able to go home, have lunch and relax for the normal amount we have on Mondays. After that, I had to go back to help with a class that two of the teachers were wanting to start. These two teachers are trying really hard to learn English and so they want to help teach some students the same. I don't know how they pick what students to participate or if they just come if they want. I don't know. Throughout this, about an hour long, class, we went through an American movie, then an American show, (We just went through a scene of the movie.) and if there were lines that they didn't entirely understand due to English slang or anything like that, I would explain.
Due to my role, I had to explain to my completely unknowing teachers and four students that ended up coming, what "getting laid" meant. *facepalm* That was not a fun moment.
Anyways! After that was over, I went to Cipex and got to go to a place called Casa do Pao, which means Bread House. It's a bakery and it has REALLY good food. On this particular day, they had free samples of different cakes they have for people to try. Andrea took me, and the class she had at the time, to Casa do Pao, and instead of just letting us try the free samples. She bought us the actual small cakes, and we all tried and ate them. They ended up having their class there and I headed home.
Next! I simply hung out at home again, showered and packed a bag of random stuff. I had been invited over to one of my classmates house to have pizza and watch a movie. I went over, and we did exactly that. She had about 5 other girls over and two boys and we had tons of pizza and then watched a movie called Nerve. It was SO good and I'm surprised I have never heard of it before!

On Friday... the only exciting thing was that we got a cat... though she kind of ran back to the house she had been living in before I think... We got her, and she was very affectionate, she would start meowing at me if she couldn't see me. Oh, and I should mention that she had to be an outdoor cat, due to allergies. And so, about ten minutes after we got her, of which I had been walking around outside with her just running around my legs, (SO CUTE) I went back inside. Then went into my room, opened my window and was half way out of it in order to pet her.
She is seriously cute. She is completely black with green eyes, and didn't have a name. I asked Odete if she wanted to name her and she said I could. Soooo, I named her Olive!
However, it was short lived because all of Saturday, Sunday, Monday, etc we haven't seen her. Another however! Andrea has a cat that recently gave birth and we should be able to get a cat from her in about a month and a half!









Saturday and Sunday, Odete and I were just potatoes, aka we just sat around and relaxed most of the time, which was nice.

Then on Monday, Andrea, Camila, Paulo and I all went to Santo Angelo for a few things. First, Camila and Andrea had to pick up their new passports I believe. As well as I needed to see if my Brazilian ID was finished... it was not. Then before coming back, we stopped by another Casa do Pao. Nom nom nom. After that, I just relaxed for the rest of the day.

Not much happened on Tuesday, it just rained a lot. Happily though, it didn't start until after I got home from school!

Now, today! It rained TONS last night and this morning. Now here was my problem with this. The last time it rained, it was so windy that the umbrella Odete was letting me use, broke! So it's pouring down rain, I walk to school and have no umbrella. Happily, the rain stopped about 5 minutes before I was going to head to school and stayed stopped for about half an hour! At school, we didn't entirely have class. There was a presentation during the later part of the class day and after that we all went home. Then I went to Cipex and hung out there for about 3 hours. Pretty calm day besides all the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment