Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Soon... There Will Be More Chaos....

25 October 2017
20:06 BRT (EST + 1 hour)

~~Thursday
Well, I got up at 07:00 (7am) for school, having gotten a good amount of sleep. Yet I still felt like I hadn't even slept. I texted my counselor, Andrea and told her how tired I was. One thing, Andrea is amazing and so she said she would tell the principle of my school here that I wasn't going to be there today, and after that I managed to sleep another two hours. For the rest of the day, I simply relaxed around the house, enjoying the fact that I wasn't surrounded by hundreds of people.

~~Friday
On Friday, I did go to school. Which afterwards (After going home for a short while.), I went and hung out at Cipex until just before dark. Not much else happened.

~~Sunday
Well, I got my first sun burn! It wasn't that bad, because it never really hurt and is already mostly healed now (On Wednesday.). There was a march for cancer awareness that I went on with Odete. I didn't know what exactly we were doing and so didn't put on sunscreen. I didn't realize that we were going to be standing in direct sunlight for over half an hour, and so I had a perfect burn line of my tank top strap as well as the necklace I had been wearing!

~~Monday
Due to Mondays being the days we have school in the afternoon, as well as the day we have gym class, I brought a card game called Skipbo to class to try and learn how to play. (During gym, it isn't entirely required and so everyone mostly just does whatever they want to do.) Once I figured out how the game worked I taught it to my friend Kemillin and we played a game of it before class ended.
After school, I went to Cipex and hung out there for a while before heading home.

~~Tuesday
Tuesday was actually kind of confusing. While trying to figure out what was happening during the weekend, I also had school, a Rotary meeting, and a Rotary dinner. During the meeting, Paulo and I ended up going around to different locations (Hospital, school, even Cipex.) and some of the "higher up" Rotarians even got to talk on a radio station that is popular here. Also, I will point out that when I had been told of this meeting, the way it was explained sounded like it was just something short and then we would all go our different ways... It ended up being three and a half hours long. However, the last place we went to was Cipex and so I got to drop the proper exchange student mentality and just roll around on a desk chair while talking to some of the students. (Dinner wasn't really anything different from a regular dinner, except there were more people.)

~~Wednesday
Today was.... chaos.
It had been storming all last night and didn't stop until mid-morning while I was at school. How I got to school you might ask, I walked. Due to the umbrella I had been using breaking the last time it rained, I now have a plastic rain coat. So I walked to school wearing it. However, due to the insane amount of wind I still ended up with the front of my legs soaked, the bottoms of my soaks wet, and the ends of my sweatshirt sleeves and parts of my hood soaked through. By the time I got to school I was very cold. Happily though the rain stopped by the time I left to go back home and my leggings I had worn had completely dried out.
After arriving home, I went about gathering everything I needed to pack. Oh, I should probably mention what is happening this weekend. (I didn't even know this until a few days ago. Even some exchange students have trouble informing everyone.) So this weekend, we are going camping. This trip was going to be later in the year but due to a few exchange students who are scheduled to go home before then, the other students persuaded the coordinators to have it earlier so they could go too. (No, these students didn't do anything bad. They're exchange years are just set in a different time span than ours.) I didn't know about this until less than a week ago and so I am now scrambling to figure out everything. Since we are camping, I have to find a tent and sleeping bag to bring. Odete doesn't own either, neither does Andrea and so far no one I have asked has one. I leave late tomorrow. Hopefully someone has one I could use.
After packing, I felt really tired and managed to take a short nap before heading to Cipex around 15:30 (3:30pm). I was there for a short while and then the class that was there (Comprised of some more friends, Pedro, Guto and Ana.) plus Andrea and Camila's class all went to .....(can't remember the name.)..... Well we went there and had food and drinks. Also, I taught all three of my friends how to play Skipbo. It was REALLY fun!
Now I'm home again. Ready to wind down for the night before having a bit more chaos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment