Wednesday, October 4, 2017

NATURE

4 October 2017
22:36 BRT (EST + 1 hour)

Well, school has been the same as it has been. On Saturday, Cristiano got back from Carazinho and we went over to Odete's parent's shortly after lunch. I cut up some cuca, a type of cake bread thing that is delicious, and then got to watch them shear sheep. Them being, Odete, Cristiano and Eliane (Odete's sister) and their mom. It was really interesting and kind of funny to watch at times.

Nothing much happened Sunday, and then on Monday, I got to try a type of Popsicle thing there. They are only given out during the afternoons at school, and since Monday is the only day we have school in the afternoon, it was the day I got to finally try it. I can't remember what its called, I'm pretty sure it starts with an "l" but I'm not sure. It's sort of like the Popsicles I used to have as a kid, but slightly slushier.

Finally today, I was invited to go on a "museum" type trip with some younger students, about intermediate age, and went. We got to go around to different, what I assumed were, historical or really just beautiful areas around Santa Barbara. We went to multiple different parts of a river, all of which were beautiful and road on a little cart on one of the train tracks. (Some students took turns pushing it. Also, so far I have yet to see a train here.) I also got PLENTY of pictures... Tada...

(I guess I will be adding them later because right now I'm having a bunch of trouble trying to transfer them to my computer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment