Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Potato... Batata...

20 September 2017
13:49 BRT (EST + 1 hour)

First off, I think I'm going to change how often I blog. Uploading almost every other day is first off boring and second off, very, very repetitive. From now on, I'm going to just try and upload about once a week and unless something interesting happens at school, no one cares that I read during school. So, yeah, only the interesting things because interesting things are INTERESTING!

Turns out, Friday wasn't a normal school day. They had some sort of tournament going on and so the students that were there ended up just playing a card game that is popular here and just relaxing. I was actually aloud to leave early and did so, I walked home by myself, and didn't get lost! YEAH!!

On Saturday, for the first part Odete and I just relaxed. Then towards the end of the day we ended up heading back to Carazinho because there was going to be a rodeo show that weekend, and Christiano was going to be in it. We left and arrived there towards 21:30 (9:30pm) and had some quick dinner and then went to bed.

Sunday, we got up at.... *inhale* *exhale*.... 05:00, yeah, that's right. Five o'clock in the morning. I even warned Odete the previous night when she told me we'd have to get up then that I'm not a morning person and that I would be like a zombie. We got up, I had some yogurt and about 15 till 06:00 (6am), we headed out to pick up a friend of Christiano's. Oh, also, we stayed at Christiano's house that night as well as when we got there he wasn't home. Of course Odete had a key, but also, Christiano got home during the night and so was there in the morning. I believe this friend was a fellow lasso-er. I don't know what you call someone who lasso's... And then we drove just under an hour to the rodeo place. Odete had shoved most of the blankets we had brought for bedding into the back seat of the car we took and so once we arrived, while Christiano and his friend got all their stuff ready, we snuggled up under all the blankets and fell asleep for about 2 hours. After that, once we exited the vehicle I realized I was very happy I had decided to wear my boots. We had been having tons of rain for the past two days and so all the dirt and grass that made up the area was now completely made of mud! We got to hang out there and see all the people lasso and had lunch and then around 22:30 (10:30pm) headed home. We had to take Christiano's horse back to the stable on the way and then drove the rest of the way home.

Now the plan for this next morning was to get up and leave around 07:00 (7am) so that we could get home, I could grab my school bag and then go to school. We threw that out the window the previous night and I ended up not going to school, because we were all tired. We ended up leaving around 09:00 (9am). Then we relaxed for the rest of the day!

Now, Tuesday. After school, around 15:00 (3pm) I was told that Camila had my allowance at Cipex. Due to walking home from school the previous week as well as Paulo showing me the way home from both school and Cipex before, I managed to walk to Cipex, pick up my allowance and walk home! Also, I should note, this is the allowance that I'm suppose to get at the beginning of every month. No other words. Shortly after that, Odete and I went to the market and picked up a bunch of different things, as well as more Guanana! Then after that, around 19:00 (7pm), mãe had a volleyball game! I got to go and watch! After that, we came home!

Today so far, not much has happened. I had no school as well as I don't have school tomorrow. I also slept in a LOT more than I meant to this morning. I set an alarm for 08:30 (8:30am) and woke up at 10:00 (10am). I have no idea how. That's about it so far. I might go to Cipex at some point, but I'm not sure. My Portuguese lessons are on hold at the moment so if I went it would just be to hang out...



Someone asked for some pictures. Tada!


No comments:

Post a Comment