Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Note Thy Text Sarcasm!!!

22 November 2017
19:26 BRT (EST + 3 hours)

--Thursday + Friday
Nothing much happened both Thursday and Friday. Had school then relaxed for the rest of the day. The only thing that would stand out is that on Friday I went to the gym, sort of. One of the Rotarians from my district, as a gift, is paying for a years worth of gym membership for me. So, Friday I went, introduced myself (With Andrea's help.) and got to know any rules I'd need to know, their hours and so on. From now on, I hope to go every Tuesday and Thursday at 18:00 (5pm).

--Saturday + Sunday
Saturday and Sunday both, I ended up not doing anything. It was nice, just relaxed again.

--Monday
Monday, I may have woken up to my alarm, turned it off, and fallen back asleep for two hours. I ended up just not going to school that day. Seeing as I had already missed half of it. Thus, Monday became another relaxing day like Saturday and Sun.

--Tuesday
Tuesday...
Was soooooo...
Fun. (Note text sarcasm)
I woke up, just a few minutes before my alarm was suppose to go off to a buzzing noise. It sounded like a beetle flying against the wall so I just ignored it and continuing trying to sleep the last few minutes. Except the buzzing continued, a bunch. It was weird. My alarm turned off and I looked towards where the sound had been coming from, and was continuing to come from.
Then I saw it, it looked like a giant beetle. It was crawling around on the closet compartment that is in my room.
(Here's a picture of the closet from where I was sitting on my bed. It was crawling around the top area, it's dark in the picture.)
I, of course, partially started freaking out. I grabbed my phone, and while continuing to stare at it as it crawled around, managed to grab my glasses and bolt out of the room. I was debating whether I should wake Odete or not, and ended waking her up. (The other option was text Andrea and tell her I couldn't go to school because there was a beetle thing in my room and I couldn't get to my school stuff with it there.)
When she went into my room, the bug had spontaniously disappeared. I then super nervously went about grabbing everything for school really fast and exited the room.
When I got home, I learned that Odete had found it and killed it, and so she told me that it wasn't a beetle at all. But a cockroach! Seeing as how I know it couldn't have gotten into my room throughout the night due to my window being closed and the crack under the door being too small, it had to have been in my room throughout the WHOLE NIGHT. WHILE I WAS SLEEPING!!!! So that was suuuuuuper fun. (Note text sarcasm.)
ALSO! This one is actually good. I went to the gym the first time since arriving! There is one guy at the gym who speaks a little English and is helping me figure out a sort of work out plan. He led me through different machines and different exercises, seeing what I needed to work on and everything else! By the time I left the gym an hour later, I felt like my limbs were a bit of jelly.

--Wednesday
Finally, today. Well it started out good and continued to be good. Since I went to the gym yesterday, I'm super sore and kind of stiff, around my shoulders particularly. School went by mostly normally and I went to Cipex for a few hours. Tomorrow, after school and the gym once more, I'll be going and hanging out at Cipex again because they are having a Thanksgiving sort of dinner. Due to it being an American tradition, I get to talk about the culture around it and what we normally do on this holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment