Monday, August 21, 2017

A Week of Waiting

21 August 2017
10:45 EST

Well, Thursday was fun. I got to help my sister move into her apartment. Amanda had come over Wednesday night and stayed the night and then we all left at 07:00 (7am), the next morning. "We all" being, my parents, sister, half-sister, and her fiance, as well and myself. We drove just about four hours down to Bloomington, had lunch and then set about moving everything from two cars into Vanessa's apartment, and then into her room. Her apartment just happened to be on the third floor, and it was off and on raining.Well we were there setting everything up for about 5-6 hours and left just after 18:00 (6pm). We got home, this time "we" is just my parents, my half-sister and I, just before 23:00 (11pm), after dropping Amanda off at where she was staying.
Next, on Saturday I got to go to my niece's 7th birthday party. One bad thing though, it was outside at a pavilion, right next to a river, and I didn't bring bug-spray. After being there for about 10 minutes, and playing with all my nieces and nephews that were there, I was just about covered in bites. Oh, I should say that my friend Carissa stayed over at my house Friday night in case she wasn't able to come to the airport with me when I left. And so, Carissa came to the party with me and we both got bitten up.
Now, the really only interesting thing we did on Sunday was we were able to go see Wonder Woman in theaters. It was really good in my opinion. However, for the remaining part of that day, I had been going through and watching all the Marvel films that we owned in order. So once we got home from Wonder Woman, my dad asked if I was going back to watching Marvel and I said, "There was just an intermission of DC, now we're back to Marvel."

~~~INFO~~~
Well, the whole plans for me have failed. The visa was overnighted Wednesday, which you would expect it to then arrive Thursday. However, apparently if whatever is being overnighted is coming from another country then it is promised to be out of the country by the next day, not to the destination by the next day. This means that we have been waiting for my visa to arrive for four days now. It's become very frustrating but we're dealing with it. The nice part, I guess, is that I have more time to sit with my parents before I leave, as well as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment