Saturday, August 26, 2017

Plane... Another Plane.... ANOTHER PLANE...

25 August 2017
18:56 EST

Well, I have now landed in Atlanta, Georgia. My flight left South Bend at 16:45 (4:45pm) and landed a half hour early in Atlanta. However, it took that half hour to pull up to the gate and for me to get to my next gate. Now, I have three hours before my next flight leaves at 21:49 (9:49pm). Right now the gate I'm at is actually a flight to Manchester. While riding the airport train to my gate, I actually met a lady who is going home to Manchester.
When my parents, my friend and I got to the airport in South Bend, we got to the security point and asked if they could come through with me, sadly they couldn't. However, the clerk working there at the time let us stand to the side and say our goodbyes. I went through security and was pulled aside because my carry-on had a "liquids" (It was lotion and toothpaste.) that were in too large a quantity. Due to this, I had to go back out and have the clerks that took my checked bags put the bag of stuff into one of those bags. After that I just went back through security, got to my gate, had a sandwich and got on my flight!

26 August 2017
17:31 BRT (EST + 1 hour)

My flight from Georgia went fine. However, I didn't get much sleep during the night. I got maybe two hours, seperatly. After getting off the flight in Georgia, I started having a headache, but after the first hour of sleep it went away.
Once landed in Sao Paulo, the captain of the plane told everyone on the plane that even if we had a connecting flight, we would have to collect our checked bags to go through customs. While collecting my bags, I had one already and was waiting for the other, an employee came over to me and asked if I was going on a flight to Porto Alegre. I told her that yes, I was and she told me that my gate was closing in about 40 minutes! She contacted the other employees and they all helped me fast track through customs and to my gate. As well as a Rotarian met me at the airport and helped me find my way. Thank you VERY much, Lilian!
I managed to make my flight and landed in Porto Alegre SUPER early. All the while, I didn't have service and barely had WiFi. I managed to contact my counselor and tell her the situation, but lost connection before I got her response and so started searching the airport for a phone I could use. Due to this, the person she sent to pick me up couldn't find me. However, we managed to figure out the situation and I got to my home for the evening!
Tonight I will be taking a bus to Tres De Maio for a Rotary conference. Hopefully I'll get some sleep before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment