Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Busy Week Part 1

30 August 2017
18:54 BRT (EST + 1 hour)

I spent almost all of Saturday with a friend of Angela's. (Angela is my counselor.) Her friend's name is Monica. She treated me to my first Brazilian fruit, called açaí (a-sai-e). You only eat the jelly-sort of stuff that inside of it. I didn't hear Monica say that until I had already bitten into it and so I had to spit out the skin, plus there are seeds inside of it. She also bought me lunch, but at the time I wasn't very hungry. We went back to her school and my counselor and I, through text, tried to figure out how to get my bus ticket to Panambi, a city near Tres De Maio where the conference is. After we figured out the bus ticket situation, I managed to get two hours of rest before we had dinner, which I managed to eat a good amount of. It was pasta with cheese sauce, which was really good.
After that, I took an Uber to pick up Andrea, and then the same Uber to the bus station. Andrea helped me print the ticket, find the right bus and introduced me to some people who know of Rotary and where going to Panambi. They made sure I got off at the correct time, as well as one of them knew some English and so explained some things to me. The bus ride was 6 hours long, and left at almost 22:00 (10pm)! When we finally arrived in Panambi it was 4am!!
Sadly, I only managed to get another 2 hours of sleep on the bus. Once I got off the bus, a rotarian and her daughter, who was also a rotarian, picked me up and took me to their house. This was the previous District President and Inbound Coordinator, respectively, some of the people who signed off on me coming as an exchange student. I was able to get a shower and eat a bit of breakfast once we got to their house. Then we left at 06:00 (6am). I'm not sure where the two hours went, because I'm sure I didn't take a long shower, but I know that I didn't have time to lay down at all.
It then took 3 hours to drive to Tres De Maio, which I managed to get 2 hours of sleep. Once I woke up, we were about 20 minutes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment